Several people have asked me how I lost weight over the last year. In an attempt to pass what worked for me on here are the details.
It all started with a goal, I wanted to get to 200 lbs by vacation. That meant that I had to loose 38 lbs in approximately 12 weeks. I don’t believe there are any shortcuts in this writeup so if that is what you need you might as well stop here.
The two most important things necessary to complete this for me were to have a solid goal, to be able to measure progress toward that goal and to have the discipline to stick to my program. I used to think that I didn’t have to weight myself, I knew whether or not I was in shape, what did I need a scale for? After gaining weight for the past several years I came to realize that this was just a rationalization for me and that the measurement really was important (As in anything else that you want to make progress towards).
So here is what I did:
- 3 Workouts a week, one hour each, half weight lifting, half cardio (bike)
- Ate grilled chicken ceasar salads for lunch (light on the dressing)
- Ate grilled chicken garden salads for dinner
- Stopped driking all soda and juice (except for a morning orange juice, 4-6 ounces)
- Ate a banana for breakfast
With this routine I was able to lose ruffly 4 lbs a week. I was very strict with myself and had no snacking between meals. Over the course of 12 weeks I lost the weight and was around 201-202 lbs for vacation.