Create usb net inst device for x41 tablet. Because of conflicts with SATA and the usb cdrom I couldn’t get an install to work with the usb cdrom. I could get the installer to start, but it wouldn’t detect the hard drive no matter what I did. I tried loading t he drivers manually, but nothing worked. I decided to try my luck with an old Lexar Jump Drive (256M). It worked! See my notes below.
- Partition usb key (/dev/sda) – cfdisk /dev/sda
- Create msdos filesystem on partition – mkdosfs /dev/sda1
- Run syslinux on partition – syslinux /dev/sda1
- Mount the partition – mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
- Copy the files from here to /mnt
- Copy the net inst iso to the partition -
- Run lilo on the drive to create MBR – lilo -M /dev/sda
- Unmount the partition – umount /mnt
- Try your luck!